Saturday, March 1, 2008
Fraud Prevention
In this day and age of computers and networking, fraud prevention is no longer just for the paranoid. Your personal information is being held by many different companies and organizations. Many of these organizations are the target of hackers and fraudsters. It would not be hard for your personal information to be compromised even if you take great care to prevent it. This is why I have decided to lock my credit report. I got my credit report, then verified that all the transactions and accounts were legitimate. Then I used the locking feature of the agency I used. My credit is now locked. There is no way that a new transaction can be added unless I temporarily unlock it. If my information is compromised, an identity thief will not be able to take out a payday loan in my name. If I want to take out a loan, I can just click a few links and allow my vendor of choice access to my credit report to process the transaction. I recommend monitoring and locking your credit report. It cost less than ten dollars a month for most of the different companies that can monitor and lock your credit report. This is a small investment that could save money and heart ache later on if you were the target of identity theft.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment